Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23


We were really busy these last few days at work; they had drag races here in the sand all weekend.  I was surprised there were not more people here, but with the strong wind we have been having the sand is really soft.  They worked on the track all day Friday so that they could use it Saturday & Sunday.  Late Sunday afternoon I went up to the people that are running the track and asked if they were going to have anymore race weekends and the old guy said NO the sand is to dry for us to even use.   The guy seems to have a chip on his shoulder so I left that alone.  Oh well not everybody can be happy all the time, I hear he is this way all the time.

Today I decided to do some maintenance that I have been forgetting about for a long time.  It is the 5th-wheel hitch in the back of the truck.  With all the sand that has been blowing around here the grease was collecting a lot of sand.  So I pulled it out of the truck and went through a full can of brake cleaner, which seems to cut the old grease pretty easy.  After about an hour of cleaning it was looking pretty good.  So I wrapped it up and put it under the work bench here in the shop until we get ready to leave here in September.

Cyndy and I even had time to go and watch a movie today.  It was the Lone Ranger; we thought it was pretty good.  Acting great, stunts out of this world, and it was downright funny.  Johnny Depp was great in this movie, but then I am not a movie critic, so I may not know what I am talking about.   

Tomorrow we are going to do a little Geocaching and learn some more back roads around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment