Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 6th

We did it, and I don't really want to drive more than 400 miles a day in a while.  We did 375 today and it was a really pretty good drive.  We left the Bar at about 8:00 AM and stopped at Pilot for fuel about 35 miles down the road.  I will say having that RV Card for Pilot has got to be a great deal, we saved 8 cents a gallon on fuel and that starts to added up when you stop twice in a day and pump over 50 gallons.  I have thought of adding another tank, but that is all I have done for now is think about it.  The only time that it would be nice is when we head up to Alaska.
Again our day started pretty good, weather was good and we had no traffic problems.
Now Cyndy was trying to get some pictures of snow in the mountains.  I reminded her that we are at 4800 feet so we are up in the mountains now.
We made it to the Old West RV Park at about 4:30 and guess what it was doing?
Yep it is raining, and guess what we get to set up in the rain.  We are pretty good at it and ten minutes after getting parked I was inside and getting warmed up.  The park owner said that there is a chance of snow tomorrow.  I thought this was May not March.  I hope we don't wake up to snow but if we do I have an extra day planned into our trip.  So we can just sit and wait for the weather to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment