Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6th

Yesterday, and today was good weather, so we have been out Geocaching and doing real good.
Here in the desert of California, we have to wear helmets so these are our geocaching helmets, and guess who has the camera today.  We do believe in wearing helmets, but these are good for when we are getting in and out a lot, I do like wearing the full face helmet when we do hard riding. We left and headed out to see if we could get lucky and find some geocaches, some of these have not been logged since last April so wish us luck.
This is the name of the area we are riding in, their is just over 400,000 acres to play in and more just south of here also.
 I could not get the RZR up there, the trail was a little narrow.  So I get to hike while Cyndy takes pictures, something about creepy crawlers.  Haven't seen one in all the time being out here when we were here two years ago.
Now this was a cache, would you put your hand in this boot?  You bet I didn't, but a lot of shaking and everything came out.  no creepy crawlers.
It is hard to believe, but back in September this wash had water up these walls about 10 feet.
Two years ago this area had a lot more water in it, all winter long.  The rain must have moved the spring a little bit.
We stopped right at the top of this hill to pick up another cache.
This cache was full of mud, so the water was pretty high in this area also, I had to dig this one out, we also found a travel bug in the mud filled box.
Now the next cach is some where up this away, now look ahead and you will see why Cyndy was a little worried.
Yep, the trail is getting narrow and on top of a ridge, I am looking at what is over the hill.  I don't know why I walked up their, because their was no where to turn around so we kept going.
 This is looking out my door while I walked up the hill, yep, it is pretty much straight down, can't go that way.
Hay, look we have more hills to go up, remember everything that goes up must come down.
It looks a little narrow, but I think we can make it, I don't understand why Cyndy has here eyes closed.
See the trail is getting wider now, and we are heading back down.  See nothing to worry about.  Another great trail and we or should I say I, nope we had a great day .  We did pretty good the last two days of Geocaching, we found 30 and only had to say one was not where it was suppose to be.  I think the high water got that one. We had a great day and travel another great day in the Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment