Friday, June 3, 2016

Trip to Harris Park

Today we spent some wonderful time with Gary & Nancy Lentz, we traveled to Harris Park in Umatilla County. OR. It is in the Blue Mountains.  It was a little warm today only 89 degrees.  When we got up to the park it was a little cooler.
Gary wanted to check out the park, before doing some kind of presentations on Plants here in the park this summer.  Anyway we walked around and scouted it out while the girls stayed in the car and talked.  I think Cyndy was not wanting to get out and maybe seeing a snake.  On our walk about we didn't even see one.  Any way here is a few pictures of the park and Gary knows a lot about the different plants in the area and what is eatable and things you don't even want to get near.  I took a few pictures while their.

Cyndy said no snakes in here and I am staying here.
Good use for an old wine barrel, garbage can.
If I recall this is the South Fork of the Walla Walla River.
Gary pointed to that hill in the back ground and said I think the trail goes up to the top of that hill, I was afraid we were going on a hike up to the top, but I said oh man I forgot extra water so I can't make it.
This is the State flower for Idaho called the "Philadelphus Lewisii" or in layman terms "Mock Orange". These flowers have a great smell to them.

 While walking around we spotted these butterflies on the wet ground feeding, if you can see the 3 big ones look closer and you will see some smaller blue ones.
Here you can see the smaller blue ones.
They were amazing to watch, there had to be over 100's of them all over the place.
After our trip around the park weasked Cyndy if she wanted to go and see the joint here in Walla Walla,  She didn't know what we were talking about until we said Walla Walla, and she smiled and said I know what you are talking about.
Cyndy wanted to get out and take a lot of pictures, but I think these people in the tower were watching us.
Look real close I think they are taking our picture.
 Look they are still watching us. Lets get out of here Gary before they come out!!!!
See I told you they were watching us.
We had a great day with Nancy & Gary, we had a lot of fun and really enjoy spending the day with them.  Looking forward to tomorrow when we go to the farmers market.

No comments:

Post a Comment