Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 2nd

We left Jason's house yesterday for a long drive to Mineral Lake, WA (40 miles, like these long drives).  We have some very close friends here that we have not seen in a couple of years.  It seems like every time we were going to spend some time up here they were off an running some where.  We have known Dick & Rose for over 30 years, we go way back to the days that we were involved in the Lions Club. We had a lot of fun back then visiting other clubs.  Anyway it is fun getting caught up on old times.
I have been busy getting the truck ready for our trip to Alaska.  First I went to Les Shwab for a new pair of rear shocks.  I bought my first pair for the truck back in 2005 with a life time warranty, I have done good on that purchase, 4 sets of shocks and now I had the rear one up grade and it only cost me $28.00 and I still have life time Warranty. The manager asked when I was going to get a new truck, when hell freezes over and we both laughed.
Well with this new trailer I have a little bit more hitch weight then the last coach, plus the springs may be wearing a little.  Anyway it is time to put a set of air bags on it.  Got that done today and I will find out this Friday how it works when we leave here for Eastern Washington.  We are going over to Blue Dog RV were we bought the coach and pick up a few things and set up a time to get some things fixed.  Wish us luck.  Right now I have a gray water tank that I can not shut,  at least this is better than having it stuck shut.  I have a shut off at the end of the drain, so it is not really to bad, but I want it fixed.
It is hard to believe that in 15 days we start our trip to Alaska, we are so pumped for this trip, can't wait.  Anyway we are getting things in line and looking forward to meeting all of our guest.  We are planning on being in Great Falls, MT by the 12th or earlier.  Will keep you up dated on whne we land.

No comments:

Post a Comment