Saturday, April 9, 2016

Clam Digging

Finally got everything done around the rig and the clam tides are great, so it is time to do a little bit of digging.  Went out yesterday with Brian and it was a great dig.  We were out for about 15 minutes and back at the truck heading back to the house.  They were OK for size, but boy were they showing good.  It took me longer to walk down to the surf and back to the truck then it did to dig the limit today.  The size today were a little smaller then yesterdays clams, so I guess I go back up to the north end by Brian & Rita's place, instead of right here in Long Beach  

 This is what It looked like when I first got down to the beach this morning.
 Sorry for the out of focus picture but when I got back to the truck this was the traffic that was heading off of the beach.

 I took this picture after I had finished digging my limit, a lot of people down here and it was still an hour before low tide.

This is the size of today's clams, they are OK, but back when I was a kid these were small and we were able to dig 36 clams for a limit.  So now to get to work and clean then and then we have some great clams for chowder and frying.
Tomorrow I am planning a fishing trip with Brian.  We are going Steal Head fishing on the Quinault River.  Brian has found a great guide and from looking at his web site today he did pretty good.  Hope to have some great pictures for tomorrow or the next day.  It will be a long day, we are leaving here at 3:00 AM.
 Now tol Cyndy's project that has been giving her fits.  She is gaining on it finally.
Here she is getting ready to add the pockets to it.
Sewing the pockets in place.
 Here the pockets are getting the final touches with buttons.
Looking good dear, but I don't know how this is going to be a computer bag when it is done.  More to come in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment