Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Last Day at Indio

First of all I want to say when you depend on someone that gives you the run around you walk away with mud on your face.  If you recall I have been waiting for a gear box to fix the right slide so that it doesn't make a lot of noise when coming in and out.  Well yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from Crandall Mobile RV Service.  He kind of laughed and said you will not believe it but your gearbox is going to the east coast, now wait a minute I asked you to have it overnight and you said no problem it will be here by Friday last week with no problem.  When I was calling last week they could not get a hold of the shipper and get a tracking number. So yesterday he asked if I still wanted it and they would try and get it here and then forward it to me.  Yah, I really trust you to get it to me.  I asked for the money back and am still waiting for it to show up in my account, and would I recommend them to any one else?  I would have to think on that one a very short time, NO!!!  Will let you know about the money in a day or two.
Today we went for a ride out to Slab City to show Jim & Cherrill where it is and the high lights of it, Salvation Mountain.  It has been about 3 years scene Cyndy & I was last out here.
Here are a few pictures of the great Slab City and Salvation Mountain.
 It looks like they have been re-painting a few buildings.
 Salvation Mountain with a new sign as we get closer to the mountain.

 They have put a lot of new paint on the Mountain, and now they have a path so that you can walk up on the mountain, they say follow the yellow paint.

 We seen a few people walk up to the top, but we wanted to look around in side.
 Yep, a thorn between two roses, or was it a rose between two thorns!!!!!

 This is one of the first times out here we seen people really working on this place, this young man was mixing up mud for the walls they are building.
 Cyndy & Cherrill looking up to see if this is really going to stay up or fall in on them.
 It looks the same as a few years ago, with just new paint.
 We took a drive out in to see a few of the slabs, there were not as many people here as in the past.  But the place is really going down hill with the garbage all over the place. there are still a lot of people living out here off the grid, if you want to call it that with out power and water.  But they do have internet and cell phones!!!!
Jim made a statement that really brought it all together, it kind of reminds him of the 70's and I would have to agree with him.
We will be leaving for Quartzsite tomorrow morning, hoping to get a good spot in the vendor parking area.  See everyone over there it the next week plus, stop by our both and say hello!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment