Monday, January 25, 2016

On the Road North

We left Quartzsite at about 8:30 AM this morning heading towards Bakersfield to stay at a Passport America Park, Desert Palms Mobile Home & RV Park.  It is a great little park just off of highway 58 and cheap $15.00 a night.
We drove just over 350 miles today, and stayed away from LA.  We left Quartzsite and headed north on 95 towards Needles then headed west on 40.  It has been a while sense we have driven this route.  We did hit a little bit of wind but not much, the road was great and the traffic was light.
The weather was great, with beautiful blue ski's.
Cyndy was kind of under the weather today, so the drive was hard on her.  I think I may have given her the stomach flue I had two days ago.  She was up most of the night so today she was real quite and sleeping a lot.  I hope she is feeling better tomorrow.  She is sleeping now so that is good.
Tomorrow we are driving just over 325 miles to a Thousand Trails Park Lake Minden.  We have stayed here before and it is a nice stop over for one night but it could be a nice place to head for a couple of night of relaxation.
Up by Barstow we found some white tails relaxing in the Mojave Desert.
Now I want to show you what a filter looks like after 12 days at Quartzsite.
The one on the left is a 5 mil sediment filter that I us in front of the charcoal  filter, the one on the right I change every 3 months.  I can usually make the 5 mil sediment last 1 month.  The water in Quartzsite was real dirty and glad I have the filter system.
We are heading back up to the Seattle area to do the Seattle RV Show in February.  But our first stop will be The Blue Dog repair shop in Gresham, OR to get the new gearbox installed on the slide out.  Both of us will be happy when this is fixed.  It is getting late and another long drive tomorrow plus I have to look at the pass reports for Wednesday, if they have snow we head up 101, if they are clear we go up I-5.  I would rather go up I-5 shorter drive.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment