Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 14th

Holy smokes, it has been 4 days since my last post.  We have been busy getting ready to go to Mexico. That is a bad reason for not telling you what we have been up too.
Sunday was a lazy day of watching some football and seeing who was going to be playing the Seahawks.  I was hope for the Cowboys, but they fell down and let the Packers win.  We will find out Sunday who wins the NFC game, I know it will be Seahawks.  Go Hawks.
Monday it rained just as it had on Sunday, but not as bad.  We did a little bit of running around and moving some stuff around and getting more stuff ready to go over to storage.  I guess it was another lazy cold day here in Apache Junction.  If I didn't know Nick Russell was in Florida, I would have said here was here in Arizona because of all of the cold weather we have been having.  I here he is getting close to heading this way.  I hope he leaves all of that rain in Florida is having back there and the cold.  We are on our way back up to the 70 this week after today.
Now Tuesday a few of us went out for a ride up by Montana Mountain, there are a lot of trails around this area and every time we go on different ones. Monday it had been raining a lot up here in the mountain, so we expected a lot of mud.



I wanted to take a picture of the car before we headed out on the ride.
I took an old friend, Woody and I go all the way back to when we worked together at Boeing.  Right now I would say he is enjoying a great ride.
 After a short trip on some real muddy road we found some nice rocky trails.  Woody and I were happy, at least here mud isn't flying up at us as we are heading down the trail.
 I hope those clouds stay up in them there hills and we don't go that way.

 If you look real close at the hood and Winshield you can still see some of the mud that flew by us and landed all over the place.

OK, those clouds are looking kind of heavy with moisture.  I hope it doesn't catch up with us.
 They were up checking out this cave and Steve started to slip after getting to close to the edge.
I missed the fall but caught the place where Steve ended up.  Not a bad fall I hope!!!  After getting him some water he seemed OK.  No really he didn't fall but it was a funny stage.
 Now those rain clouds look really to close.  I don't think we are going to make it back with out getting a little wet.
I don't know we might make it yet.
 There I go thinking we might make it, here comes the rain.  We are about 2 miles from the trailers.  By the time we got back my left arm and left leg was getting pretty wet, and Woody's right arm and right leg was getting down right wet.  Here is where I think Woody wished he would of said no I don't think I can make it today.  Really it wasn't to bad his left side and my right side was dry.  He did complain a little when the trail caused his side to tip down hill and more water ran in on him.
At leased some of the mud got washed off on the way back.  Pulled the seats out of the car and put them in the back seat of the truck.  I didn't want to have them fill up with water on the ride home.  They like to soak up water and they take a long time to dry out.  Woody said he had a good day and I hope he enjoyed the ride.
Tuesday night we went out to dinner at a real good Mexican place called, La Casita here in Apache Junction.  We meet the kids there,
Lucas & Tony.  The service is so so, but the food was out of this world.  We had a great time visiting with the kids.  It was great spending time with them.  We don't make it down here a lot but it was great see them and borrowing there trailer for the RZR.
Today we went over to the Rattle Snake golf coarse to get a group picture of all the 4-wheel drives that go out a couple of times a week.  They asked us to come over, the picture is for next years directory or something.
Here we are all lined up, the jeeps were first now our turn.  After this was all over we made our trip to Costco to pick-up Water, some vitamins that were on sale, and some paper towels.  After picking up a few other things we were out of there and on our way back.  After we got home and got everything put away and did some other work on stuff for our trip to Mexico, we looked at each other and said we forgot the paper towel.  So I guess we make one more trip to Costco before we leave here Sunday.
Tomorrow I am taking out another friend Wes for the last ride here in AJ, or maybe Friday if the weather is good Cyndy & I may go out again.


No comments:

Post a Comment