Monday, May 9, 2016

37 Days and Counting

It is hard to believe we are getting down to just about 30 days tell we start the Alaska trip.  Both Cyndy & I are really kicking it up a notch, we always try to make this the best trip to Alaska.  Cyndy has been busy getting all the meals planned that we will be putting on during this trip.  It is hard for her because some of the meals she needs to pick up the food before we leave here.  Maybe that is why our 5.5 freezer is so full.  Just as long as it is getting empty by the time we get to Homer for all of the Halibut we will get. At least I can dream that I get a big one this year.
I have been going over some of the road logs hoping to catch things before we start the trip.  With working with the office girls I am hoping we got all the errors taken care of.  You ask with a company that goes to Alaska every year the road log would be perfect by now, the only problem is that road get straighten out and Campgrounds close and we need to fine new ones.  This is one of the things that happen this year, we moved a campground in Calgary which cause a little problem, but we now have that correct as best we can.  
This last week has been pretty good, I have made some more leveling boards.  I got some 3/4 inch treated plywood and cut them 10 inch wide by 8 foot.  Then laminated two piece together, which gives me a 1 half inch thick treated good board that will last a lot longer than a regular treated 2 by 10.  The last set I made last almost 5 years, not bad.  I got them painted to help keep the water out and they will last a lot longer.
We even got the back of the trailer cleaned out and Cyndy is busy packing up her sewing stuff so that we have room for the caravan stuff.  We have got just over twenty days before we start heading to Great Falls, for the start of our trip.  Look out Alaska we are getting ready to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment