Friday, December 18, 2015

December 18

Today was and early day for me, I was up at 6:30 AM, yes there are two of them in one day.  I had an appointment at Sumner Ford for 8:00 AM to get the rear end on the truck looked at after we found some metal on the check plug.  I showed up there at 7:30 AM, I like to be early.  They took me in right away and by 9:00 AM they came out with the bad news.  The pinyon (sp) bearing on the tail shaft of the rear end had failed.  I was told that there was a 2 year warranty on it so now came the problem.  They told me that on all Ford parts there is a two year warranty, but the problem being the 4:63 gears are aftermarket and they may not be covered.  He said they would order the bearing and it looks like everything is covered, I feel a lot better.  About two hours later I received a call from the service personal at Ford and he said that after talking to the people that build the 3:46 gears  they don't know what could cause it.  The next question he asked how much weight I was hauling and I told him the trailer tongue weight was about 2500 lb and that the trailer was maybe 18000 total weight.  He was a little worried about the weight but he knows a lot of people that haul more than that.  So know problem there. After finishing talking to him it looks like Monday afternoon we should have the truck back all fixed.
What you think, it might pull the trailer.  We have borrowed our daughters car tell the truck is fixed.  Tomorrow we are heading out early to watch Jared wrestle his last tournament this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment