Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30

Early morning, up a 6:00 AM, I really got to stop getting up this early.  Maybe tomorrow morning I will sleep in!!! HA HA, me sleep in, Cyndy says if I make it past 7:00 AM I have sleep in.  We will see tomorrow.
Any way back to why I was up so early this morning, I need to be at the Ford Dealership so I could get the rear end fluid changed.  They said that it was a first come first served.  I was the the second one in line and I was out of there by 10:00 AM.  They didn't say they were fast.  Also they did a piss poor job of washing the truck, who well at least some of the road grim is off.  By the way the Ford Dealership was Fiesta Ford here in Palm Springs.  I talked to a couple of customers and they said they are OK, but this place is better than the other dealer on the West-side of Palm Springs.
Now on to the other problem we have with the slide out.  The repair gentleman showed up about 11:30 AM, watched the slide move in and said stop.  He got a ladder and looked at the the cable's and motor Assembly, and had me move it again.  He said it was the gear box that was causing the problem.  That's when the problem really started. He told us he has seen this happen before and it would be easy to fix with a new gear box.  After a few phone calls and he said I think we may have a problem.  Being near the New Years Eve, and a long weekend it might be Monday before he will know anything.  So we are hoping to here from him by then.  At least now we know what is causing the problem.  We need to get stuff out of the up above storage area and put things up there that we will not going to use for a while.  Because if the slide does not get fixed tell we get back to the dealer, I don't want to have to bring the slide out and end tell it is fixed.
This afternoon our counter parts Jim & Cherrill Roberts showed up and we went for a ride down towards Salton City.  I need to go to Steve's ATV Rental to take the LED Lights off of our RZR we sold him.  We got there and it was rented out so we showed Jim & Cherrell around the area and by 4:30 PM the RZR was back and it took just about 5 minutes to get the lights off and we were on our way back to the coach.  We stopped for dinner at Mario's Italian Cafe, a great little Italian Restaurant.  It was great visiting with Jim & Cherrill and it will be fun working with them at Indio & Quartzite.
Tomorrow is NEW YEAR EVE what do you have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment