Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28

We are in Bakersfield tonight, we got into this Passport America Park about 3:30 PM.  It is called Desert Palms RV Park.  It is really nice park, with 50 AMP and only $15.00 per night.  The only problem is the train that goes by once in a while, I don't have a problem, but will let you know how Cyndy did tomorrow.
We were up early this morning and on the road by 7:00 AM.
We found the sun, it seems like all we have seen since we have been back in Washington is rain.  But today the sun showed it self, yah for California.  We had a pretty good drive down 101, when we got to 580 to drive over to I-5 the traffic started to build a little but not to bad.
 This is the 580 bridge and not to many vehicle running us off the road.  I think the holiday week is the cause of this.
 This is looking out towards San Francisco Bay the bridge in the distance is the I-80 bridge.
This is one city I want to stay away from when towing a 5th-wheel.  One time I ended up in down town San Francisco and never want to again.
When we hit I-5 we started see these signs.
It really bother me to start with but when I seen a flag blowing in the wind the way we were going I was happy.  We never had any real bad winds so that was a plus for us. I forgot how rough this road is in places, I always thought 99 was the rough road.  When we go back north I might have to try 99.  Tomorrow we are hoping to get into the Palm Springs TTN, if any of you have been there before you know that they have a few palm trees and they are some what close together.  If we can't find a spot we will take off down to Salton City and stay at our friends place there.  I am hoping that we stay at the TTN because we will be closer to the first RV Show we are doing.  We will just have to wait for tomorrow to see where we land.

No comments:

Post a Comment