Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 26

Today we are on our way to the Grand Canyon South Rim.  But our first stop is a shot out before we head to the train here in William's.
As we were waiting for the gun fight to start our something like that.  One of the gunslingers start hitting on one of our guess.  All in fun!!!!
Next thing I know they want me to come out and play cards our something.
First of all they think I don't know how to play cards and then they give me a bad time about the way I am dressed.  It was a lot of fun and the group thought it was fixed.  I didn't even know I was going to be part of the act.
It was a lot of fun and I think the crowed liked it.  I got asked for a few a autograph by a few of them.  After the shot out we head to the train station for the ride to the Grand Canyon.
We were very lucky to be riding in these dome cars, this was a train ride of a life time.  I looked at Cyndy and said this would be fun to do some time going back home for Christmas or something.  We may have to look into this next time we just need to go home for a special event or something.
 It was hard to decide where to go for the best look at the canyon.  So here are just a couple of pictures that I took, again it is hard to get the full beauty of the canyon.

It is amazing the number of people that walk down into the canyon every day.  If you look real close you can see a few heading down and up from the canyon floor, or maybe they are walking over from the north rim.
Everyone had a great day and the weather was great all day while here.
A few guess waiting to catch the train back to William's.
They told us on the way back down they would have a small surprise for us all.
If you notice the gunslinger is turning over his gun to Judy, and you ask why.  Berry got asked by the gunslinger if he had any money?  Berry replied, You can have my wife.  He said we don't take live stock that we have to feed and shoe.  It was another great day and everyone had fun.  
Tomorrow we head out to view some bears at Bear Haven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment